- MyFocusSpace Team
Introduction to Product Hunt
Lately, we have be contacted by a lot of people to ask for advices, to congratulate us after our launch on Product Hunt. I can't express how grateful I am for all the support and help we've got before, during and after the launch. So, our team decided to write the following 3 articles to share our experience with MyFocusSpace launch on Product Hunt.
Enjoy! I hope it will help some of you out there. 💙
What is Product Hunt?
Product Hunt is an American website to share and discover new products. It was founded by Ryan Hoover in November 2013. Users submit products, which are listed in a linear format by day. The site includes a comments system and a voting system similar to Hacker News or Reddit. Accordingly to Similar Web, Product Hunt has 5 million visitors per month.
Every day, new products are introduced that are rated by the community with an upvote. This results in a daily ranking of the best products. Of course the higher you are voted, the more attention you get, which at the same time means more website visitors, signups, or app downloads.
Definitions to know on Product Hunt
Similar to Reddit, there are karma points that you can collect. For active people, there is a bronze symbol from 100 points (like mine, in the picture below), from 500 points the silver symbol, and from 1000+ points the golden symbol. Everyone who has launched a product on Product Hunt and is, therefore, a Maker, also has a green "M" as an indicator. The more karma points you have, the more valuable your votes are.
Source: Vio's Product Hunt profile
Our Launch Results
These are the results that we have achieved with our launch. Of course, this should not be about flexing with the results. Rather, the results serve as proof of what is possible within a short period of time and that well-prepared product launch can have a positive impact on all your metrics.
1537 page views
Source: MyFocusSpace Google Analytics Account*
135 sign ups and still counting every day
We got to be upvoted by the top hunters Ryan Hoover, Kevin William David, SF Ali, Robleh Jama.
Source: UpVote Bell Twitter Account*
Months before the Launch - Planning
Step 1 - Connect and interact with people who already launched on Product Hunt
- The first person that we talked to was Maxim Mamoyco, who launched Mental Mirror, all by himself. Below you find my notes from our call with Maxim.
Source: Vio's Notes*
- Then Vio joined *the Lunadio discord channel where she attended a webinar with Michael Sieb where she had the opportunity to learn from Michael's experience on launching 9 products. He also wrote an article about his learning when launching Type Studio on Product Hunt, which can be found - here.
- Being active in the Lunadio community, we had a chance to meet Ali Rashidy -the creator of an amazing knowledge base which every start-up should have acces to - you can find it at notionstartup.com Below you can find a screenshot of one template that Ali has created specially designed for the Product Hunt Launches.
Source: Ali's Rashidy Product Hunt Launch Checklist*
- The third person we spoke to was Alex Circei, the founder of Waydev which got to be the #1 Product of the Day in 2019. He also wrote an article about the launch which can be found - here.
Step 2 - Decide when you want to launch
Tip: Decide and stick to the date you decided to launch.
If you have any questions or suggestions, I'd be happy to talk to you about Product Hunt, your launch, or anything else I've mentioned here. Just feel free to send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other articles related to MyFocusSpace Product Hunt Launch
Read good articles - Resources
- Article by Michael Sieb - https://typestudio.co/blog/product-hunt-learnings/
- Article by Gene Maryushenko - https://www.indiehackers.com/post/6-116-from-my-product-launch-no-audience-here-is-how-full-breakdown-8a00ba7992
- Ali Rashidy - https://www.notionstartup.com/
- Alex Circei - https://hackernoon.com/how-to-get-in-top-5-products-on-product-hunt-and-get-in-their-newsletter-2a2ac20e471f
- Product Hunt - https://blog.producthunt.com/how-to-launch-on-product-hunt-7c1843e06399